Facts about Valentine – Valentine’s Day or Saint Valentine’s Day is a festival celebrated on February 14. In the Americas and Europe, is the traditional day during which lovers express their love for each other by sending Valentine’s cards, presenting flowers, or offering confectionery. The festival is named after two among the numerous Early Christian martyrs named Valentine. The day became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished. The day is most closely associated with the mutual exchange of love notes in the form of the “valentines.”
The U.S. Greeting Card Association estimates that approximately one billion valentines are sent each year worldwide, making the day the second biggest party of the year behind Christmas-transmitting. The association estimates that women purchase approximately 85 percent of all valentines. And here are other Facts about Valentine that interesting to know.
The following Facts about Valentine that we must know:
- In the two weeks before Valentine’s Day, leaving the American gold jewelry sales of 34 million metric tons of waste.
- Most of the roses sold for Valentine’s Day in the United States are imported from South America, wasting a lot of fossil fuels.
- Valentine’s Day was originally associated with an activity of an ancient pagan holiday called Lupercalia, where naked men, carrying a whip and beat ass young women hoping to improve fertility.
- Christian martyr St. Valentine was beheaded on February 14 because of a marriage in secret.
- Research shows that 75 percent of suicide attempts associated with relationship issues.
- 46 percent of Americans exchanging Valentine’s Day candy.
- 67 percent of Americans are overweight or obese.
- The first Valentine’s Day cards sent by Charles, Duke of Orleans, to his wife while he was imprisoned in the tower of London. He remained a prisoner of war for 24 years.
- Survey conducted recently showed that one in ten adults and young people admitted to feeling lonely, anxious, depressed and unwanted when Valentine. That is just a claim.
- Forty percent of people have negative prejudices against Valentine’s Day.
- The famous Valentine’s Day Massacre, in which seven Chicago gangsters were shot on February 14, 1929, is one of the most brutal in history.
- 64 percent of American men do not make any plans on Valentine’s Day.
- Candy hearts taste like garbage. Thats 13 Facts about Valentine that interesting to know.